SENSATIONAL STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
STRAWBERRIES WITH VANILLA SCENTED CREAM
On Saturday in The Kitchen page the boys went all summery, and made some Strawberries with Vanilla Scented Cream .
These strawberries with vanilla-scented cream are very rich tasting, and so simple to make. You can also substitute the cream cheese in this with queso fresco, it’s delicious and satisfying either way.
Please note the recipe below may be a slight adaptation to what the boys created.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 15 MINUTES
- ¾ cup low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ tablespoons of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 12 large ripe strawberries
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until it is light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Trim the stems from the top of the strawberries and scoop out the white part with a teaspoon. Slice the tips off the strawberries so that they can stand upright. Reserve for decoration.
- Fill an icing bag or Ziploc with the corner cut off with the cream cheese mixture, and pipe the cream into each strawberry. Top with the pieces of reserved strawberry and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.